Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The Gilbert and Sullivan Society of Tasmania Inc is to be held at Lawrenny Hall, AA Lord retirement village, 131 Hill Street, West Hobart on February 27, 2019 from 5.30pm for a 6pm start.
The Society will provide some refreshments from 5.30pm. Members are asked to please bring a plate of food to share.
The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be:
1. Welcome and approval of register of meeting attendees eligible to vote, proxies and apologies.
2. Minutes from the previous year’s Annual General Meeting.
3. Business arising from the previous minutes.
4. Annual Report of the Society, including the Annual Financial Statements.
5. Conduct elections for Committee Member positions at the meeting (as required).
6. Conduct a ballot for Life Membership of the Society (if a nomination has been received).
7. Conduct a ballot on any motions/resolutions put on notice.
8. Appointment of the Society auditor
9. Meeting close.
Since its formation in 1973, The Gilbert and Sullivan Society of Tasmania has aimed to produce works of the musical theatre which are of the highest standard. To this end, we welcome interested actors, musicians and technicians who care to join us.
You can apply for membership using our online membership form. As soon as your membership has been approved and you’ve paid your membership fee (a low $10 for all membership grades), you will have access to the members only area on our website and be on our mailing list. If you would like to be on the mailing list only, you can provide your name and email address on our mailing list form .
If you prefer to fill out a paper form, please download a copy of our membership form (.pdf 159KB) or collect one from a Committee member, complete the details and post to our address GPO Box 73, Hobart 7001. Alternatively you can scan it and send to our email address email@example.com
You can find more information on our Facebook page. Please click the ‘Like’ button on the Facebook panel on this page.
For further information, please call or e-mail one of our Executive Committee members or write to GPO Box 73, Hobart 7001.
You can also follow us on Twitter. Please click on the ‘Follow gandstas’ button at the bottom right of this page.